Did you see the list of “Nastiest Break Ups” Taste of Country did this week? Not in the romantic sense . . . as in groups who got so sick of each other they had to call it quits. Here’s their top ten . . .
1. Brooks & Dunn. But you knew that.
2. Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner . . . after she wrote “I Will Always Love You” for him and his band.
3. Kristen Hall leaves Sugarland. Was it over “image reasons?” Or money?
4. Mark Herndon and Alabama. Yep, money issues.
5. Heidi Newfield leaves Trick Pony. Yeah, we hadn’t heard of them either.
6. The Everly Brothers split up. Involving a smashed guitar DURING a show.
7. The Mavericks fire Robert Reynolds. But it was way late in their career, during a reunion tour.
8. The Louvin Brothers break up. One of them drank too much. But they left us one of the all-time ‘so bad it’s good’ album covers . . . “Satan is Real”. Google it.
9. Lonestar parts ways with John Rich. Who went on to form Big & Rich, obviously. So . . . no loss for him.
10. Cheyenne Kimball and Gloriana. She just didn’t return to the tour bus one night.